Felonies, the most serious crimes, carry heavy penalties. In Texas, some felony charges carry the death penalty. Separated by class of crime, the law sets the limits for the penalty if found guilty of a felony. Penalties range from time spent in a state prison and fines commiserate with the felony.
Classes of Felonies
Felony charges fall into classifications depending upon the heinous actions occurring during the act of the crime:
- Capital Felony: Punishment includes death or life in prison with no chance of parole. Examples include murder, violent rape with serious physical harm, domestic abuse, or intent to murder.
- First Degree Felony: Penalties include life incarceration and fines up to $10,000. Sexual assault against a minor results in this charge.
- Second Degree Felony: Sentences of two to twenty years and fines up to $10,000 result from these charges, including domestic abuse and violence.
- Third Degree Felony: Includes cases of possession or trafficking five pounds or more of marijuana. Perpetrators face fines of $100,000 and 99 years in prison.
- Fourth Degree Felony: Penalties range from 180 days to t29 years in state prison and fines up to $10,000. Charges result from theft of great value, weapons, or livestock. Use of a deadly weapon and previous charges fall under this category.
When arrested, be polite. Don’t talk about the crime nor profess your innocence or guilt. Give basic of information, such as your name and identification, willingly. Then, tell the officer you want immediate legal help.
If faced with felony charges, then call the best legal representation available. Experienced legal help awaits you at the Law Office of Mark Barber, Attorney at Law. Mark understands the law intimately and represents your best interests.
Call the Best
The Law Office of Mark Barber, Attorney At Law boasts years of quality experience. If you face a felony crime charge, then contact Mark Barber. Your first, free consultation prepares the way for Mark to guide you through your situation. He protects your rights and represents you with passion.
Call the Law Office of Mark Barber, Attorney At Law, at (940) 761 3009 .